Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Rough Theatre

Well, theatre is always rough in my world. Especially this past weekend during a stage performance an audience member enjoying her own laughter and beverage decided to laugh louder that the buildings walls, unexpectedly to our attention we started a new game of dodging the sporadic screaming laugh so that the rest of the crowd could here us. The same audience member had stood up during the show to ask the lighting department if she could go on stage and although completely disrupting, I think it would have been hilarious. Theres nothing quite like live theatre. Film will never be able to change its delivery the moment the audience is watching, and the roughness and raw atmosphere of performing or watching whenever and wherever is where i personally find the one special aspect. I have been on grand stages glimmering with chandeliers, the old buildings are always filled with so much enchanting character. I suppose the one difference between watching a play and watching a film is the atmosphere change. I wish in our generation there were more spectators of the theatre, and not just popular theatre thats over priced where you have to sit still and old people yell at you if you sneeze too loud, on that note I am a fan of rough theatre for my demographic. (unless I'm seeing phantom or something big). I think where were heading on the final project dealing with secondary senses while watching the film could be an attempt relating to theaters characteristics to some degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment