Monday, June 1, 2015

wheres the camera

"Cameraless" film assignment, to me was a way of creating homemade filters and creating a film that we only had a certain amount of control with. I was most nervous about how my animation would turn out, because I drew with a tiny ball point waterproof pen. I ended up drawing Chinese fire and water symbols that twirled clockwise, and I would gradually draw them a little bit thicker as I went down the film. To my surprise they worked! What didn't work for me was trying to use a lighter to burn a needle and imprint on the film, so instead I got a lighter and heated up scissors and the first mark just cut straight across. Therefore the rest of the time I just had to do light X marks. The magazine transfer was my favorite part of the process, I think its pretty cool how tape can just copy right over. Overall I loved this project! Not knowing how it was going to turn out when we slid it through the projector was the most exciting part. I also used my own bleach at home, which after about a minute I was able to smear and smudge, intertwining pieces of tape about an inch apart. I think the final project once watching the film became very beautiful, especially the blue ink on the clear film. I hope to do more experimental camera less art work in the future because of how abstract and unique each persons film turned about.  


No comments:

Post a Comment