Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Senses in a blender


There is so much to be discovered with Synesthesia, at first when I started reading about it I wasn’t sure if it was a documented fact, but it sounded familiar and I believe makes much sense. After watching the video, and from my own opinions I feel as if synesthesia is a way of making connections, and can be extremely important to ones ways of thinking. Not to mentioning clicking on the Wiki page "Not to be confused with Synthesia." If you click on Synthesia it takes you to a link about a game called piano hero! Again enforcing my visual rapid learning skills, when I was young I had a key board that lit up to play the keys ect, which is similar to this game. I don't exactly know why that is considered Cymatics but possibly just "seeing music". There are ways people today could develop if exploring the alternative ways, against the public school systems...For me, I have always sort of had a very high level of empathy and awareness of others internal emotions in ways I cant exactly explain, throughout the whole body similar to reading about the mirror synesthesia, I can feel others personalities immediately and current feelings as they speak, I don’t know how similar that is to mirror synesthesia but I have always associated colors with peoples being, it is a natural form of making connections. Although I did look up some videos on youtube and I think its crazy that people smell sounds! Its almost harder to write a blog on the information provided without wanting to do more research and hear what people with these hyper blended senses feel and think. Cymatic artwork is all around me here in Wilmington being relatively more “trippy” forms of posters or drawings and reminds me of images I see in a kaleidoscope! I don’t think there is any secret between the interesting blends and crossed wires of senses, I also after seeing the math example Daniel Tammet gave, is helpful for visual learners such as myself. All I know is that the topic of LSD and Synesthesia is a whole different blog to discuss the intertwine between what seems to be the study of Synesthesia. Maybe in some form we humans all do have a type of cross sensory and may not even be aware, or we are so blocked in our conditional ways of thinking that it takes the use of substances to bring forth heightened blends of new worlds and visions. I shouldn't say "we" because artists still exist and thank God for that...There is something so mysterious about Cymatics, it's like hearing music in a new way and syncing our eyes with our ears and our souls. Ok, maybe not souls, but the video experiments where pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment