Saturday, May 30, 2015

Media FAST

Well, I cant say I didn't check my email frequently and reached for my phone while sliding to find the Instagram icon but I would say my media fast was about 90% successful! I didn't log on to my Instagram for 72 hours, and it was really relieving because that is my go to in the morning and while waiting for anything. I erased the app and after the fast was over I downloaded it to scroll, and as of right now I went ahead an erased it again. Social media can just get to annoying, I'm already not on Facebook only have an account for casting calls and opportunities. The hardest thing for me was keeping my talk radio turned off and forgetting whenever I was in the car. I have every radio preset to my 88.5 The Word, and I constantly fill quietness with preachers blaring through my speakers or phone. My favorite part of the fast was yelling at my boyfriend to turn off the TV and radio making him embrace the silence. I am not heavily involved with social media but at the same time I check my Instagram all throughout the day and can burn so much time on that thing. I also just started leaving my phone at home after the first 24 hours, I think that's the best way to do it. Which makes me happy I am so sick of carrying around hundreds of dollars in my pocket and freaking out every time I cant find it...I keep saying I want to activate my flip phone for the summer so I don't have to stress.  Here I am enjoying the 72 hours, it was hard not to text a lot of people because I had to promote a play I was doing and I kept justifying my reasoning's for messages so as the 72 hours went on I slowly got better. I don't know what to say about our media crazed world, it's obviously over used and depended on, but here I am justifying having a Facebook (with no pics) to find casting, and an Instagram because I love photos and there is hilarious stuff on there. Just like every aspect of our lives here in America, what is overused is unhealthy, we all have a big issue with moderation! Plus these IPhones are pieces of crap, I'm so over it. I think social media was more fun when you could only use  a computer to access it that way when your out in the real world, there isn't a computer attached to your dang hip at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment